1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix 1 pkg. (4-serving size) Jell-O Strawberry Jelly Powder 2/3 cup sour cream 2/3 cup icing sugar 3 cups thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
1. PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Grease 2 (8- or 9-inch) round cake pans; set aside. Prepare cake batter as directed on package. Pour half of the batter into medium bowl.
2. SPOON half of the white batter and half of the pink batter, side by side, into each prepared pan.
3. SWIRL batters together lightly, using a teaspoon. (Do not overswirl, or the colour of the cake will be all pink and not pink and white marbled.) Bake 30 min. Cool 30 min. in pans. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
4. MIX sour cream and icing sugar in a medium bowl until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping.
5. PLACE one of the cake layers on serving plate; spread top with 1 cup of the whipped topping mixture. Top with 1 cup of the strawberries.
6. TOP with remaining cake layer. Spread top and side of cake with remaining whipped topping mixture. Top with remaining 1/2 cup strawberries just before serving. Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
Makes 16 servings, 1 slice each.