Have everything you need close by when barbecuing.
Place everything on a side table next to the barbecue to eliminate frequent trips to the kitchen. This allows you to not only keep a constant eye on the barbecue but also to spend more time enjoying the company of your guests!
Canada Day Entertaining
A red and white themed barbeque party is a fun and patriotic way to celebrate Canada Day. A red and white checked table cloth with matching napkins is a good start, but why not extend the theme to the menu? Try a fresh tomato and mozzarella salad, red potato salad topped with sliced radishes, locally grown strawberries with fresh whipped cream, your favourite bottle of red or white wine and Diana's® Canada Day Stuffed Chicken.
It’s that time of year when we prepare to "fall back" and warm-up those shorter days and cooler nights with some gourmet home cooking.
Why not bring your family and friends together for a memorable Thanksgiving or autumn meal that celebrates the harvest? But don’t put your barbeque away just yet - we’ve developed a recipe for succulent Peppery BBQ Roasted Turkey, prepared on your outdoor grill. You can also try an eastern-inspired Asian Glazed Ham – both go great with Maple- Grilled Squash and Mashed Potatoes with Shiitake Mushrooms and Bacon.
Your table can easily complement your festive meal by incorporating these quick and easy decorating tips:
- Tie folded or rolled napkins with jute or raffia – add a mini pinecone or acorn for a special touch.
- Gourds lend a lovely organic feel to an autumn table – scatter them along the center of the table, place a variety of small ones in a bowl as a centerpiece, or cut small holes in mini pumpkins and fill with tea lights. Remember never to leave burning candles unattended.
Fruit centerpieces are beautiful. Place dried leaves on a platter or plate and arrange a pyramid of clementines or apples. Decorate it with dried fruits or berries. At the end of dinner your family and guests will enjoy eating it!
From simple, delicious and impressive-looking hors d’oeuvres, to a full holiday dinner, Diana® has recipes the whole family will love.
- Meatballs are always a crowd-pleaser and Diana® Sauce Honey Garlic provides delicious flavour that your guests are sure to love. And, it couldn’t be easier to make – simply place one box of 48 meatballs into a casserole dish, pour a bottle Diana® Sauce Honey Garlic over the top, and bake as per the instructions on the box. Once cooked, serve with toothpicks and additional Honey Garlic Sauce for dipping.
- Baked Brie is always a favourite and can be served with French bread or crackers during pre-dinner cocktails or as a post dinner snack. Not only does it look impressive but it’s guaranteed not to leave any leftovers.
- Holiday Dinner - Try Peppery Maple Roasted Turkey with Diana's® favourite Holiday Sausage and Chestnut Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes with Shiitake Mushrooms and Bacon, Maple-Grilled Squash and Maple-Glazed Asparagus Bundles for your holiday meal!
- Easy and delicious supper for the kids – With late night celebrations, try serving Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas early for the kids (which also make great hors d’oeuvre if cut into tiny slivers). Allow the kids to join in the festive fun by adding holiday-inspired garnishes including – red salsa, green coriander and white sour cream!