If you are looking for an easy way to prepare a tasty meal that is high in fibre, low in saturated fat and cholesterol free… try HEINZ® Beans!
Finding the time to prepare well balanced healthy meals in our hectic lifestyles is not always easy. HEINZ® Beans are a fast, convenient and tasty way to eat healthy.
What Makes HEINZ® Beans So Good for You?
Most HEINZ® Beans are*:
- High in fibre – min 16% of the Daily Value (DV)
- Low in fat and saturated fats
- Cholesterol Free
- A source of calcium – min. 5% of the DV
- A good source of iron – min. 10% of the DV
- A good source of protein
- Only 480mg of sodium or less – 20% of the DV
- No Trans Fat
- No preservatives!
*These claims might not be applicable to all Heinz Beans products. Please read product labels for complete details.
Beans – A healthy food!
With one ½ cup serving (125 mL) of HEINZ® Beans containing just 3 g (or less) of fat, no trans fat and no cholesterol, they make a low fat, nutritious meal. Quick-to-serve HEINZ® Beans on whole wheat toast is a tasty and nutritious meal for those seeking a healthy balance. Visit our recipe section for more waistline friendly recipes!
Eat Beans for Energy
Beans provide carbohydrates which can help sustain your energy levels, maintain concentration and prevent you from reaching for the cookie jar during that mid-afternoon ‘dip’ in energy.
Carbohydrates supply energy to the body, but it is important to make wise decisions when choosing carbohydrate foods. Reach for those foods that are low in fat and provide minerals and vitamins such as HEINZ® Beans.
Dr. Idamarie Laquatra, Director of Global Nutrition for H.J. HEINZ says “HEINZ® Beans deliver carbohydrates for energy along with other important nutrients such as calcium and iron, making them a great choice for meals and snacks.”
6 tips for healthy eating:
- Don’t skip meals.
- Always read the nutritional labels before you buy.
- Make your favourite casseroles and stews healthier by replacing some of the meat with beans.
- Control portion sizes.
- Choose beans more often for your side dish.
- Cut back on fat and use low-fat cooking methods.
HEINZ® Beans…. Taste great and good for you!