Tips & Ideas
Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce can be your secret to making meals better, so try these simple tips and easy recipe ideas to customize your cooking.
- Add Lea & Perrins to your favourite salad dressing, a few drops to your Caesar salad dressing, or use Lea & Perrins in place of balsamic vinegar.
- Use Lea & Perrins straight up as a “low carb” salad dressing option.
A Little Adds A Lot:
- Shake a few dashes of Lea & Perrins onto pizza for added flavour.
- Splash about 2 tbsp (30 mL) of Lea & Perrins into your favourite bottled or homemade spaghetti sauce for a zestier flavour
- Add life to your favourite soup. Lea & Perrins can be the secret rich ingredient in tomato soup, French onion soup, or any of your favourites.
- Add richness to your favourite cheese sauce or fondue by simply adding 1 tbsp (15 mL) Lea & Perrins to each ¼ cup (50 mL) cheese sauce.
Lea’s Lovely Drinks:
- Adding a splash each of Lea & Perrins, hot sauce, and lemon juice into tomato juice makes a classic Bloody Mary easily.
- Adding a splash each of Lea & Perrins, lime juice and a dab of grated fresh ginger added to tomato juice creates an Asian twist on a classic Bloody Mary cocktail.
- Freeze Tomato juice in ice cube trays, and then pulse in a blender with Lea & Perrins, hot sauce and lemon juice to make a cool slushy cocktail.
Just Splash It On:
- Use Lea & Perrins to spice up rice or noodles – a great alternative to soy sauce!
- Give fish and light meat extra taste and colour before cooking by simply brushing the surface with Lea & Perrins.
- Top off shell fish like oysters, clams or mussels with Lea & Perrins.
- Give an extra lift to your savoury omelets and scrambled eggs. Just splash on some Lea & Perrins!
Very Good Veggies:
- Adding a splash of Lea & Perrins to foil wrapped, sliced onions cooked on the grill makes a tasty burger accompaniment.
- Add Lea & Perrins to your favourite baby root vegetables while roasting for great flavour!
- Cook 3 cups (750 mL) assorted veggies uncovered with 4 tbsp (60 mL) each of Lea & Perrins and water until tender crisp, about 10-15 minutes. Makes for tasty steamed vegetables!
It Just Tastes Better:
- Try Lea & Perrins as a unique flavour twist to salt and pepper.
- Dunk fries in Lea & Perrins instead of vinegar.
- Use Lea & Perrins to spice up your mashed or baked potatoes – a great alternative to butter.
- Use Lea & Perrins to marinate steaks, roasts and seafood.
- Adding a splash of Lea & Perrins and a spoonful of horseradish stirred into ketchup creates a terrific basting sauce for grilled shrimp skewers.
- Revitalize ordinary mayonnaise into a spicy dip by simply adding 1 tbsp (15 mL) Lea & Perrins to 4 tbsp (60 mL) mayonnaise. Adds richness to sandwiches, tuna, eggs and salads.
- Make savory Worcestershire Butter by whisking together 3 tsp of softened butter to 1 tsp Lea & Perrins. Great on potatoes!
Easy Recipe Ideas!
Lea & Perrins Stir Fry:
- Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce is the best-kept secret for stir-fries!
- Make a classic stir fry with beef and broccoli, or chicken and peppers, or pork and spring onions or your favourite combination.
- Flavour with ginger, garlic and Lea & Perrins instead of soy sauce. Simple and healthy!
Lea & Perrins “Easy” Marinade:
- Lea & Perrins is the perfect rich and spicy marinade for steak, beef, chicken, chops and kebobs.
- Pierce meat numerous times with a fork. Marinate in Lea & Perrins 3-5 minutes using a shallow dish. For a spicier flavour, let sit in refrigerator for 20 minutes, then cook.
- Make a spicy marinade for fish by combining ¼ cup (50 mL) Lea & Perrins with 2 tbsp (30 mL) each of olive oil and lemon juice. Brush on fish before and during cooking.
Lea & Perrins Dips:
- Make a rich tasting dip by adding Lea & Perrins and chives to sour cream. Try it on your baked potato or use as a dip for chips or raw vegetables. Use 1 tbsp (15 mL) Lea & Perrins to 4 tbsp (60 mL) sour cream.
- Make a simple but rich dip or spread by adding Lea & Perrins to cream cheese. Use as a dip for chips, raw vegetables or shrimp. Use as a spread on crackers and top with smoked salmon for an appetizer. Add 1 tbsp (15 mL) Lea & Perrins and ¼ cup (50 mL) milk or cream to 1 package (250 g) of softened cream cheese.
Lea & Perrins Bruschetta:
Make an economical bruschetta by slowly frying chopped onions in olive oil until mahogany brown in colour. Stir in lots of Lea & Perrins. Pile on toast, cover with grated cheese and grill until bubbling. Serve with tomato salad as a first course, light lunch or snack.
Lea & Perrins Salsa:
Make a salsa with chopped tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and orange flesh then add Lea & Perrins and a dash of lime and lemon juice. Use as a tangy relish for cold meats, burgers or grilled chicken or beef.