Holidays & Occasions
Baking & Desserts
Cheese & Dairy
Coffee & Beverages
Dinners & Sides
Spreads & Condiments
Dressings & Marinades
Healthy Living Articles
The T DISC was developed exclusively for the TASSIMO home brewing system. T DISCs are specially designed single servings that contain an expertly measured amount of ground coffee, espresso, tea, chocolate syrup or concentrated milk product.
With the TASSIMO home brewing system, you can enjoy a variety of quality beverages including coffee, tea, espresso, cappuccino, latte and hot chocolate. There are 10 brands and more than 25 beverage varieties to choose from in Canada.
Yes. Brewing occurs inside the T DISC and flows from the disc directly into your cup. You can produce different drinks, one after the other, with no taste transfer. This makes the TASSIMO brewer perfect for entertaining or for families. Each person can select and enjoy the beverage of their choice.
The TASSIMO home brewing system has a manual mode that lets you customize your drink. Just press and hold the button until your drink reaches the desired size and strength. Consult the user manual for more details.
The TASSIMO brewer has an adjustable cup stand so you can use your favourite mug or cup to prepare the beverage of your choice. To avoid overflow, please consult the packaging of each T DISC variety to confirm the optimal cup size for your beverage.
The cappuccino and latte packages contain T DISC servings of espresso and concentrated milk product. For best results, first brew a T DISC of concentrated milk product then follow with a T DISC of espresso.
Designed and developed by Kraft Foods, the TASSIMO home brewing system uses shelf stable concentrated liquid milk T DISCs for beverages such as cappuccinos and lattes. This concentrated milk product was perfected by building on the extensive experience Kraft Foods has in dairy production.
*Concentrated Milk Product
No. The concentrated milk product inside the T DISCs is treated at a very high temperature so that it is shelf stable and does not require refrigeration. All liquid T DISCs are marked "Do Not Refrigerate".
*Concentrated Milk Product
No. The TASSIMO brewer is designed with proprietary barcode technology and will only work with the specially designed T DISCs.
The best before date is indicated on the T DISC packaging. All unopened TASSIMO beverages have a 9-12 month shelf life, depending upon the variety. Once you have opened the outer packaging, T DISCs are best enjoyed within six weeks.
You can store your T DISCs in their convenient dispenser carton, or in any container of your choice. Always store T DISCs in a cool, dry, place away from direct heat and sunlight as indicated on the package. There is no need to keep your T DISCs in the refrigerator. Do not store them in the freezer.
No. Each T DISC is designed to prepare one perfect cup and cannot be reused. The T DISC should be removed from the brewer and discarded shortly after brewing is complete.
You can recycle some components of TASSIMO packaging, such as the inner carton dispenser, which is made of paperboard. You can also cut away the label on the T DISC and empty the coffee grounds or tea leaves into a composter. Please check with your local municipal recycling program to ensure these materials are accepted in your community.
The TASSIMO brewer requires very little maintenance, although it is recommended to insert the re-usable cleaning disc (supplied with the machine upon purchase) in the brewer every seven days. The barcode reader should be cleaned with a damp soft cloth regularly. All of the removable parts are hand washable and all, except the water container, are dishwasher safe.
To de-scale the TASSIMO brewer please refer to the user manual for full instructions.
The TASSIMO home brewing system is manufactured to the highest quality standards by Bosch. If you have problems with your brewer, please contact the TASSIMO customer service line at 1-877-TDISCS1 (1-877-834-7271).
There are certain removable parts that may be replaced if lost or damaged. Please contact the TASSIMO customer service line at 1-877-TDISCS1 (1-877-834-7271) to find out if your part is replaceable.
Try turning the machine off and on again, using the front power switch. If this does not resolve the problem, please call the TASSIMO customer service line at 1-877-TDISCS1 (1-877-834-7271) for further assistance.
Try the following:
1. Check that the water container is full and that the slot is correctly inserted onto the hook at the rear of the machine.
2. If the water container is full and correctly attached, check the barcode reader. If the barcode reading window is dirty or if there is condensation present, this may prevent the machine from reading the T DISC correctly. Try cleaning the barcode reader window with a soft moistened cloth.
3. If neither of the above suggestions work, try repeating the initialization procedure as outlined in the user manual.
4. If this does not resolve the problem, please call the TASSIMO customer service line at 1-877-TDISCS1 (1-877-834-7271) for further assistance.
Holding the water container over the sink, fill it with water and check if water is leaking. If a leak exists, contact the TASSIMO customer service line to arrange for a replacement water container (there may be a charge for this). If no leaks are observed, re-fit the water container to the brewer. Check that the slot on the water container is correctly inserted onto the hook at the rear of the machine. If leaks are still observed with the reservoir fitted, please call the TASSIMO customer service line at 1-877-TDISCS1 (1-877-834-7271) for further assistance.
Try the following:
1. Make sure the machine is turned off and unplugged. Check the piercing unit to ensure that the black rubber seal is in place and that there is no obvious damage. If there is any damage, contact the TASSIMO customer service line to arrange for a replacement piercing unit.
2. Separate the piercing unit into its two parts and check that there is nothing blocking the cylindrical section of the piercing unit. Any blockage may restrict flow into the cup and cause liquid to flow beneath the brew mechanism.
3. Check that there are only 2 holes in the lid of the T DISC. There should be one small hole on the outer edge of the lid where the water comes in and a second larger hole in the centre from which the drink is dispensed. If there are more than 2 holes, it is possible that the T DISC was inserted incorrectly.
4. If the above suggestions do not resolve the problem, please call the TASSIMO customer service line at 1-877-TDISCS1 (1-877-834-7271) for further assistance.
The build up of some scale around the water expansion nozzle can prevent the water from flowing correctly into the drip tray. Try the following:
1. Remove the drip tray and splashback from the machine and locate the small water expansion nozzle.
2. Take a soft cloth and moisten with some vinegar or lemon juice. Clean the expansion nozzle and the area around with a moistened cloth.
3. After cleaning, re-insert the splashback, ensuring that it is fully in place. Then position the drip tray and test the machine. If leakage still occurs, please call the TASSIMO customer service line at 1-877-TDISCS1 (1-877-834-7271) for further assistance.
Try the following:
1. If the water container is not correctly fitted, the water flow may be restricted. Check that the water container is full and that the slot is correctly inserted onto the hook at the rear of the machine.
2. The piercer may be damaged or blocked, restricting the flow of the drink. Check the narrower piercer inlet for any signs of damage and also the outlet area for any signs of blockage. For damaged piercers, please contact the TASSIMO customer service line for a replacement. For blocked outlets, please thoroughly clean the piercer.
3. Your machine may need to be de-scaled. It is recommended to de-scale your machine every three months, but this will depend on your water quality. Please follow the instructions in your user manual to de-scale your machine.
4. If none of the above suggestions resolve the problem, please call the TASSIMO customer service line at 1-877-TDISCS1 (1-877-834-7271) for further assistance.
TASSIMO is a one-cup, on-demand brewer able to create an assortment of authentic coffeehouse beverages – including coffee, tea, cappuccino, espresso, latte, hot chocolate and more – conveniently at home.
The TASSIMO system has two components: the TASSIMO brewer and proprietary TASSIMO discs (T DISCs). Each T DISC contains a precisely measured amount of fresh, high quality coffee, tea, chocolate syrup or concentrated milk product. The T DISC is then sealed to protect the flavours inside until used. When the disc is inserted into the machine, "smart" technology reads the barcode printed on the T DISC label and automatically calculates the correct water quantity, brew time and temperature to prepare the perfect beverage, every time.
TASSIMO is more than a coffee maker or espresso machine. It is a home brewing system that can prepare a variety of beverages, from fine coffees and teas to frothy cappuccinos and steamy lattes, all at the touch of a button.
The TASSIMO system uses patented barcode technology to deliver beverage variety, convenience and quality, providing a benefit that automatic drip coffeemakers cannot deliver.
Yes. Simply select your cup, insert your choice of T DISC into the machine and press the button.
It takes the TASSIMO system by Bosch about a minute to make the perfect drink.
The TASSIMO system uses innovative barcode technology to deliver an espresso with all the properties of a traditional method espresso: a short drink, intense, rich taste with a full aroma, and soft, long lasting, caramel coloured crema.
The espresso T DISC contains a custom blend of espresso coffee, specially formulated to work with the TASSIMO brewer. The preparation consists of two distinct phases that happen inside the T DISC. The pre-infusion phase – a short pause during brewing – allows the coffee to become fully saturated with water. The extraction phase captures the aroma and distinctive taste of the espresso and delivers it straight to your cup. The crema is formed as the espresso exits the T DISC.
The TASSIMO home brewing system is a unique and intelligent system that is far less expensive than specialist espresso machines. The TASSIMO system offers a large choice of quality brands and beverages, including espresso and cappuccino, for a considerably lower price per cup than from your local coffee shop.
T DISCs are produced within the manufacturing centres of Kraft Foods. The TASSIMO brewers are produced in Bosch's manufacturing facilities.
The TASSIMO T20 brewer is 27.9cm high, 20.3cm wide, and 30.5cm deep, making it a compact addition to any kitchen. The TASSIMO T45 and T65 models are 27.3cm high, 20.4cm wide, and 33.4cm deep.
The TASSIMO brewer has a 1 year limited warranty. See the user manual for more details.
The TASSIMO brewer should be kept in a cool, dry place with a room temperature above 0 degrees.
In most cases, the elevation of your city/town will not affect the operation of the TASSIMO machine. However, it will not function properly if you live in a city/town with an altitude above 2,000 meters (6,500 feet).
It is highly recommended that you do not leave your TASSIMO brewer at the cottage over the winter months due to the cold temperatures, which may affect the internal parts of your machine.
How Does The
See how the brewer works:
To download the User Manual for your TASSIMO home brewing system, click below.
To purchase additional filters for your TASSIMO brewer, please visit your local TASSIMO retailer or click on the following links:
Click below to download the Quick Start Guide. This gives you all the information you need to start operating your TASSIMO brewer right away.
To download the Troubleshooting list for your TASSIMO brewer, click below.
To purchase spare parts for your Bosch TASSIMO machine, please visit the following link:
To purchase descaling solution for your Bosch TASSIMO machine, please visit the following links:
Your one place for all the tools and know-how to keep your brewer running in optimum condition.
FREE recipes and access to coupon offers right to your inbox