Prep Time: 10 min. | Total Time: 25 min.
Makes: 4 servings, 1 cup (250 mL) each.
What You Need:
- 1 pkg. (150 g) Kraft Dinner Smart Vegetables Three Cheese Macaroni & Cheese
- 2 tbsp. Kraft Calorie-Wise Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup red pepper strips
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¼ tsp. dried basil leaves
- 2 tbsp. Kraft 100% Parmesan Grated Cheese Light*
Prepare Kraft Dinner as directed on package, using the Sensible Solution directions.
Meanwhile, heat dressing in large skillet on medium heat. Add broccoli and peppers; cook and stir 5 min. or until crisp-tender. Stir in peas; cook 2 to 3 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Add Kraft Dinner and basil; mix lightly. Top with Parmesan.
Prepare using 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil.
Substitute a green pepper for the red pepper.
Since this great-tasting dish is made with better-for-you products, it can fit into a healthful eating plan. And as a bonus, the red pepper is an excellent source of Vitamin C.
Per Serving (1 cup/250 mL):
200 calories, 4.5 g total fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, 5 mg cholesterol,
560 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g dietary fibre, 8 g sugars,
9 g protein, 25% DV Vitamin A, 90% DV Vitamin C, 10% DV calcium, 15% DV iron.
* Kraft 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese Light has 26% less fat than our regular Parmesan cheese.