Juicy Grilled Chicken
Grilled chicken is a summer barbecue favourite, but achieving perfectly moist, juicy chicken can still be a big challenge. We have the ultimate, no-fail recipe for grilled chicken.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Total: 1 hour 21 minutes (incl. marinating)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
1/3 cup Kraft Creamy Caesar Dressing
1/4 cup Bull's-Eye Chicken and Rib Renegade Barbecue Sauce
Just Follow Our Simple Steps:
1. Place chicken on cutting board and use kitchen mallet, rolling pin or small sauce pot to slightly flatten any thick ends. This step ensures even width and even cooking.
2. Pour dressing into a large resealable plastic bag.
3. Place chicken in bag with dressing. Seal bag and refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour to marinate.
4. Preheat barbecue to medium heat. Remove chicken from plastic bag and discard marinade. Place chicken on barbecue; cover with lid. Grill 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
5. Brush with barbecue sauce during last few minutes of grilling time.
|Other flavours of Bull's Eye, like Bold Original, work well with this recipe, too.|
- Lightly oil the grill. Use a barbecue basting brush to apply a thin coat of vegetable oil to the grill to prevent sticking and charring.
- Make sure the grill is hot. The high heat will sear the meat on the outside, giving it that great flavour and sealing the juices inside to keep it moist.
- Don't use a fork. Piercing the food will release the delicious juices.
- Go easy with the spatula. Pressing down on the meat squeezes out its flavourful juices, causing the meat to dry out, and can also cause dangerous flare-ups. Also, turn meat only once during cooking to ensure good searing.
- Baste at the proper time. Brush with barbecue sauce only during the last few minutes of grilling. Because barbecue sauces contain sugar, they'll burn if added too early.
- Use an instant-read thermometer to check if done. Boneless chicken breasts should reach 165°F, while bone-in chicken pieces should reach
- Remove cooked meat from the grill and place on a clean plate immediately. Cover with foil to keep juicy.