Lasagne, Layer by Layer
Preparation: 20 minutes
Total: 1 hour, 50 minutes
If you thought lasagne was complicated, think again. Our recipe makes it easy for anyone to succeed. We've kept everything that makes the dish a crowd-pleaser - the variety of flavours, traditional hearty ingredients and a delicious mix of cheeses - and added shortcuts to save you time and effort.Tips from the Kraft Kitchens and expert guidance from bottom to top guarantee your lasagne will elicit cheers of "bravo!".
2 cups ricotta cheese
2 - 1/2 cups Kraft Part Skim Mozzarella Shredded Cheese, divided
1/2 cup Kraft 100% Parmesan Grated Cheese, divided
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 can (680mL) Pasta Sauce
1 lb. lean ground beef, browned, drained
1 - 1/2 cups water
12 Primo Lasagne Noodles, uncooked
Just Follow Our Simple Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix ricotta cheese, 1 - 1/4 cups of the mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, parsley and egg until well blended; set aside.
2. Pour pasta sauce into meat in frying pan. Pour water into empty sauce can; cover and shake well. Pour into pan; stir until well mixed. (This will yield about 5 cups sauce.) Place 1 cup meat sauce on bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish. (This way the noodles won't stick to the pan.)
3. Layer 3 lasagne noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture and 1 cup meat sauce. Repeat layers 2 more times. Top with remaining 3 noodles and sauce.
4. Sprinkle with remaining 1 - 1/4 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Cover tightly with greased aluminum foil. Bake 1 hour or until cooked through.
5. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes or until bubbling. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting for easier serving.
Adding water to the sauce helps cook traditional noodles during baking, so you don't have to cook them beforehand. This saves you 15 to 20 minutes of prep time.
Spraying the foil with cooking spray prevents the cheese from sticking when you peel it off.