How we Define Healthy Living at Kraft Canada
Our idea of “Healthy Living” is based on the concept that diet and physical activity are equally important to achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle. At Kraft we know food and food solutions. We aim to help people optimize their healthy way of eating. Look for recipes that have the Health Living icon or the sun burst symbol.
Our culinary and nutrition experts at Kraft have worked to develop delicious recipes that meet guidelines for both qualitative and quantitative criteria. The recipe criteria are based on Canada’s Food Guide and Public Health guidelines for healthy eating that are mindful of calories, total fat, saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium. We aim to ensure that Healthy Living recipes contain the presence of positives such as lean protein, whole grains, healthy fats and ingredients that provide sources of key vitamins and minerals.
- our better for you and Sensible Solutions products
- appropriate serving sizes for cooked protein foods, grains and other ingredients
- ingredients that limit additional sodium e.g. low sodium deli meats, no salt added canned products, reduced sodium broths and condiments
- limited amounts of full fat dairy products and other foods contributing fat, sat fat or sodium
- lean sources of meat, fish, poultry and alternatives
- foods that contain healthy fats including canola and olive oil, fatty fish and nuts
- whole grains whenever possible e.g. brown rice and pasta, whole wheat breads & tortillas, whole wheat couscous, and whole grains such as oats, quinoa, and bulgur
- darker coloured and nutrient rich fruits and vegetables
For our recipe solutions for people with diabetes we follow the above Healthy Living criteria but also look at limiting added sugars, maximizing fibre and are mindful of the quantity of other ingredients that contribute carbohydrate in the diet. Look for this logo and the Diabetes Food Choice Values to know a recipe solution for people with diabetes.
Whether you are trying just to eat better or are caring for someone with or managing your own diabetes, we have food solutions to help you out. The professionals at Kraft believe healthy eating should be delicious and this does not mean depriving yourself of the occasional indulgence. Aim to eat healthy most of the time but remember that all foods can fit as long as you practice balance and moderation.