When serving alcohol, count on about 2 glasses of wine, 3 beers or 2 mixed drinks per person. Have lots of different non-alcoholic drinks chilled and within easy reach for designated drivers.
- For non-alcoholic beverages, plan for 16 oz or 500 mL per person.
- Figure on assigning one person as the "bartender" and one other helper for every 15 guests.
- One 750 mL bottle of wine = five 5 oz glasses of wine
- One 750 mL of liquor = 24 oz (makes sixteen 1 to 1/2 oz mixed drinks)
- One litre of pop = seven 12 oz highball drinks (with ice and liquor)
- 2 pounds of ice fills seven highball glasses.