Pizza Making Tips
Discover great pizza making tips to create your very own perfect pizza, delivered piping hot, straight from your oven. Feel free to explore all of our savoury pizza recipes and mouth-watering topping tips.
Start with the dough
- Ready-to-use pizza dough can be found in either the refrigerated or frozen food sections of the supermarket. If using frozen dough, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature before using as directed.
- Keep pizza dough on hand in the freezer for last-minute snacks or quick meals. Just divide the dough into single-serving portions, then dust with flour and freeze in re-sealable freezer-weight plastic bags for up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator overnight before using.
Creating your pizza
- Create the perfect pizza by layering the ingredients in the following order: crust, sauce, cheese, and toppings before baking as directed.
- Let each family member personalize their pizza by mixing and matching their favourite Kraft Shredded Cheeses with their choice of meats and veggies.
- For a South Asian twist, mix spices such as cumin, cilantro or curry powder with the pizza sauce before spreading onto the crust. Add toppings and bake as directed.
- For a change of pace, serve pizza as an appetizer! Just add cut-up fresh veggies to your favourite pizza, and then bake as directed. Cut pizza into small pieces, arrange attractively on a large plate and enjoy!
- Want to try something new and different? Serve your favourite hot baked pizza topped with lightly dressed, torn crisp salad greens.
- Like your pizza spicy but other family members prefer a milder-flavoured pizza? Satisfy everyone by preparing your pizza with two different cheese toppings. Top half the pizza with our Kraft Habanero Heat Shredded Cheese (for those who like a touch of heat), then top the other half with Kraft Tex Mex Shredded Cheese.
- Add authentic Mediterranean flavour to your favourite pizza, salad or pasta by topping it with our Kraft 100% Parmesan Aged Grated Cheese or Kraft 100% Parmesan Shaved Cheese.
Baking your pizza
- Always preheat the oven as directed before baking pizza. This will help produce a pizza with a crisp golden brown crust.
- How can you tell when your pizza is done? Just follow these simple visual tests.
- Check the top of the pizza – the cheese should be completely melted and lightly browned.
- Then, check the edge of the crust – it should be crisp and golden brown.
- Finally, carefully lift the edge of the crust to check the bottom of the pizza – it should be crisp and evenly browned.
- For best results, place the hot baked pizza on a flat surface, such as a cutting board, before cutting it to serve.
- Celebrate the great outdoors by grilling your pizza instead of baking it in the oven. See some of our great grilled pizza recipes for the method.